THE Smoked BBQ Ribs
This recipe will give you the best ribs you have had in your life! If you don't have a smoker and don't want to muck up your bbq burning wood on it like I used to (sorry Dwayne), you can alternatively cook them in the oven and finish them on the BBQ to get some grill action on them.
1 rack pork back ribs, membrane removed
1 bottle Side Hustle My Big Fat American BBQ Rub
1/4 cup apple juice
1 bottle of your favourite BBQ sauce
Tinfoil for wrapping
- If using a smoker, preheat it to 285F and get the smoke going. If an oven is how you're going to be doing this, preheat to the same temperature and set oven rack in the middle.
- Coat rack of ribs liberally with rub on both sides, starting with the bottom and flipping over to coat the top.
- Place ribs in smoker and allow to cook on smoke for 1 hour, if using the oven do the same but on a baking sheet.
- After 1 hour, remove ribs from smoker or oven, place on a large sheet of tinfoil and add the apple juice. Fold tinfoil over the ribs and place in oven or smoker at 285F for 2 more hours.
- Take ribs out of the oven or smoker and remove tinfoil. Test for tenderness with a small pairing knife, the knife should pierce the meat easily or you can just cut off an outside rib off and eat it like I do. If they are where you want them to be, brush with BBQ sauce and either place back in oven for 10 minutes or throw them on your grill for those sweet sweet grill marks everyone loves. Either way, these are going to be tasty! Serve with potato salad, BBQ baked beans and corn on the cob for a true BBQ experience.